Auto-Electricians have the responsibility to overhaul and repair all electrical systems on a vehicle.
This also includes maintaining of all systems i.e. headlight adjustment, re-wiring of circuits, setting engine timing, battery maintenance.
They also get familiar using portable electric hand tools and test benches.
The following modules/unit standards are done during training:
- Principals of basic electricity
- Use electrical testing instruments
- Conductors and cables
- Fault finding on basic electrical circuits
- Remove and mount bearings
- Starter motors
- Ignition system and lights
- Monitoring circuits
- Auxiliary circuits
- Maintain a storage battery
- Electronic ignition and fuel injection
- Wiring harness and connectors
- General maintenance
- Diagnosis and testing of electrical systems
- Combined tasks
- Headlight adjustment
- Basic Electronics
For more information and specific modules/unit standards, please feel free to contact CTC's engineering (administration) Department.
Any part of the course can also be done as per client specification.